DreamWrights Center for Community Arts, York, PA
Posted Jun 18, 2020
In collaboration with the Executive Director, responsible for conceiving, developing, and implementing the artistic vision and focus of the organization and translate it into creative programming utilizing the performing arts as the platform. This individual will have oversight of the yearly productions and educational camp and class programming. FT salaried position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversight of Yearly Productions:
• Provide direction and framework of DW core values as related to productions.
• Select an annual season of plays and musicals for both mainstage and studio.
• Create annual production calendar to include auditions, callbacks, production team meetings, rehearsals and performance dates, production headshots, promotional photos and production photography.
• Secure licensing and oversee royalty payments for all productions.
• Supervise Costume Coordinator and Technical Director
• Recruit supervise, and mentor volunteer Guest Directors, Music Directors, Choreographers, Costume Designers, Properties Designers, Production Stage Managers and Assistant Stage Managers.
• Coordinate the artistic elements of each production with all members of the Production Teams.
• Assist with auditions, callbacks and casting.
• Direct three or more annual productions as schedule allows.
• Create and provide continuing education opportunities for Guest Directors.
• Collaborate with Marketing Coordinator to prepare all audition scheduling, audition forms and materials, rehearsal and crew schedules, callback and casting information.
• Collaborate with Marketing Coordinator to publicize and promote all productions.
• Coordinate with Office Administrator on production team contacts, code of conduct, and background checks.
• Review content for weekly Company emails and send to Office Administrator for messaging.
• Represent DreamWrights as welcome spokesperson at Information Sessions at start of each production.
• Secure television appearances on Fox43. Work with Producer, actors, and all members of the production team to ensure smooth process.
• Create content for annual brochure and other production related marketing pieces.
Education - Camps/Classes/Workshops:
• Provide direction and framework of DW core values as related to camps, classes and workshops.
• Develop and schedule annual slate of camps, classes and workshops.
• Share professional expertise by teaching onsite and offsite classes and workshops for students of all ages as schedule allows.
• Recruit, supervise and evaluate qualified Teaching Artists.
• Oversee camp scholarship program: applications and awards.
• Supervise teen camp counselors.
• Act as a spokesperson for the DreamWrights’ artistic programs through speaking engagements, and at fundraising events and donor solicitations, as requested.
• Foster the development of good relations with other community organizations by participating in meetings and joint activities where appropriate.
• Identify potential outreach opportunities that take DreamWrights’ programs beyond the theatre and into the community.
Management and Administration:
• Assist the Executive Director with budget development for all program areas.
• Track and report revenues and expenses related to programming.
• Coordinate the scheduling of all programming related activities.
• Adhere to DW by laws, policies and procedures.
Production Stage Managers
Assistant Stage Managers
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre or related subject area or minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in the field;
• Ability to work with, mentor and engage volunteers of all ages.
• Demonstrated creativity in developing production and education programming in the performing arts arena.
• Flexibility and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a collaborative learning environment that emphasizes the creative process as well as the final product.
• Committed to continuing education.
• Familiarity or willingness to learn Microsoft Office platforms and Arts People ticketing, registration and database system.
Evening and weekend work required